Everybunny will be very hoppy this year when they find their Easter baskets filled high with homemade sweets and candies.
Would we consider peanut butter eggs to be the holy grail of Easter treats? Yes, yes, we would! It’s the creamy, chocolatey, peanut butter goodness that keeps us coming back for more, year after year. Skip the store-bought kind and make Easter “eggstra” special for your little chicklets with homemade PB eggs. The best part is you get to customize and decorate your eggs your way using food coloring, sprinkles, mini marshmallows, edible glitter and more.
LorAnn’s Peanut Butter Super-Strength flavoring is the true star of this show. Gluten-free and allergy-friendly (that’s right, it’s both peanut and tree nut free!), this flavoring packs a punch of authentic, peanut butter taste, without the sticky mess. With LorAnn’s Super-Strength flavors being 3-4 times stronger than typical alcohol extracts, a little goes a long way. Like, a long way; this recipe only calls for 1 teaspoon of flavoring!
Since this recipe will not cause sticky fingers, it’s a great one to make with the kids. With only a handful of ingredients, and some of our favorite candy making accessories, you will be enjoying these eggs in no time. Just make sure to hide some because they will not last long. We promise you will want to make sure you have a plateful (or two) of these handy treats as you stroll into Easter Brunch!
Dipping Tool Set
One tool that will make your life much easier while making these PB eggs is LorAnn’s NEW Dipping Tool Set. Easily and securely dip your peanut butter eggs without the chocolate mess and no fingerprints covering your perfectly coated eggs.
Designed for use in chocolate and other applications where water is prohibited, LorAnn’s ultra-pigmented Powder Food Color will be your ~colorful~ golden ticket for this recipe! With a variety of colors to choose from, these are sure to become a staple in your kitchen pantry.
Now that we have you drooling at the thought of homemade Peanut Butter Eggs, scroll down to snag the fun and easy-to-follow recipe!
Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs will be your new Easter candy obsession! These easy-to-make candies are ultra creamy and can be decorated however you wish for a festive, spring feel.
1 cup crushed graham crackers
1 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 stick unsalted butter
12 ounces creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon LorAnn Peanut Butter Super-Strength Flavor
½ tsp salt
1 lb. tempered chocolate (milk or dark)
Optional For Decorating:
White chocolate, melted
Powdered food color
- In food processor, add crushed graham crackers and confectioners’ sugar. Pulse to combine.
- In small saucepan, melt butter and peanut butter. Stir until combined.
- Add peanut butter flavoring and salt to butter mixture.
- Pour butter mixture into food processor and pulse until fully incorporated. This will form a tacky dough.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Once the peanut butter dough is firm, prepare a tray with wax paper. This tray will need to be small enough to fit into your refrigerator.
- Using a Tbsp. scoop, portion the peanut butter dough and form into egg shapes.
- Place eggs onto prepared trays and refrigerate for several hours.
- Once the eggs are cold and firm, prepare your tempered chocolate or compound coatings.
- Using a dipping fork, coat each egg in chocolate, tapping off the excess.
- Place each coated egg back on the prepared tray and allow to set.
- If you wish to decorate your eggs, melt and color white chocolate with LorAnn’s powdered food coloring.
- Fill piping bags fitted with small round tips.
- When using sprinkles, be sure to add them before the chocolate sets.