The holiday season is here, which means DIY gift ideas are flooding Pinterest feeds. Homemade gifts are personalized and thoughtful gestures for your BFF squad, and they are a great way to spark your creativity; especially now we are staying home more often. Homemade lip gloss businesses on Etsy have taken off in quarantine and tutorials are having a major moment on social platforms like Reels and TikTok. Since ‘How to make flavored lip gloss’ is the hot tea, we decided to give this #DIY a try using our Super Strength flavors.
And we can confirm: IT’S SO EASY!!!
Read on to learn how to make + impress your friends with this chill gift idea!
What You’ll Need:
Note: This recipe makes about 10-12 tubes of gloss. If you want colored gloss, add 3-4 drops of food color with Super Strength flavors that are clear. For a tinted gloss, our Super Strength in Watermelon is already colored and makes a light pink gloss. Our team loved this subtle color + shine duo!
• 1 6-oz. Versagel Pouch
• 4 tbs. LorAnn Grapeseed Oil (You can also use our Sweet Almond Oil if you have a preference)
• 2 tbs. LorAnn Coconut Oil, Natural (Flavorless)
• 1 dram (1 tsp.) LorAnn Super Strength Flavor of choice (Our fav flavors are watermelon, bubble gum, cotton candy, & cake batter)
• Lip gloss tubes with caps, syringe and pipettes
• Edible glitter (optional)
• Microwave-safe glass bowl or disposable bowls
• Metal spoon
How to Make:
- Add Versagel to microwave-safe glass bowl.
- Stir in Grapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil to create base.
- Heat lip gloss base in the microwave on high for 20 seconds. Be careful, the bowl will be HOT.
- Stir together ingredients, then reheat for 20-30 seconds. Stir until mixture becomes thin and falls off spoon smoothly and easily.
- Add Super Strength flavor (color optional) to bowl. For extra sparkle, add edible glitter. Stir in flavor (and glitter) until fully mixed.
- Cut pipette in half and discard the top piece.
- Place pipette on syringe tip. A piece of tape may help hold the two pieces together.
- Pull the top of the syringe (with pipette addition) slowly to add the mixture into the syringe.
- Place the syringe tip (with the pipette) to the bottom of the lip gloss tube. Squeeze slowly to fill the gloss tube. Move slowly to avoid unwanted air bubbles in your gloss tube.
- Place tube wiper and top on lip gloss tube. Voila! Your flavored lip gloss is complete!