Whether you have kids who love to get creative in the kitchen or you want to channel your own inner-child, making homemade gummies is a fun activity the whole family can enjoy. Our NEW Gummy Mix makes homemade gummies easier than ever, so you can focus more on cherishing the special moments creating with your kids and eliminate the stress (AND MESS) that comes with measuring out ingredients. No need for store-bought gummies when you can create cute gummy bears or crawly gummy worms from the comfort of your own home with the entire fam!
Complete your Gummy Collection with food-grade silicone molds and droppers. Shop our gummy accessories here!
Scroll on to learn how you can make delicious, fruity gummy candies in just five simple steps!
What You’ll Need:
• LorAnn Gummy Candy Mix
• 1-1 ½ tsp LorAnn Super-Strength flavoring (fruit flavors recommended)
• Food coloring (optional)
• Silicone molds
- In a small bowl, add ¾ cup cold water. Sprinkle entire contents of gelatin packet over water and gently mix with a fork until gelatin is completely saturated. Set aside for at least 5 minutes to allow gelatin to bloom.
- In a medium saucepan, add 1/4 cup hot water. Add contents of gummy mix packet and turn heat to medium-low or low. Heat at a slow simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture is smooth and no lumps remain. While mixture simmers, brush sides of pan with a wet pastry brush to dissolve any remaining sugar crystals.
- Remove pan from heat. Once boiling action ceases, add bloomed gelatin and stir until completely dissolved. Allow mixture to rest for 5 minutes, then use a large spoon to remove and discard foamy layer.
- Stir in 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons LorAnn Super-Strength flavoring. Add food coloring as desired (optional).
- Fill mold cavities* and allow gummies to set at room temperature for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove gummies from molds. Allow candies to airdry at room temperature (do not cover) for at least 6 hours. Store dried gummies in an airtight container.
*Use of a dropper to fill mold cavities is recommended
Looking for more tips and tricks to making delicious, homemade gummies? Check out our Sweets Made Simple guide here!
Commonly Asked Questions:
Why do you recommend fruity flavors for the Gummy Mix?
Citric acid is an important ingredient in gummy candies to help wake up the flavor. This is why we recommend using fruity Super-Strength flavors when making gummies since they complement citric acid.
Can I make smaller batches with this mix?
Our Gummy Mix is for single-use only. We do not recommend scaling down the recipe because each mix contains pre-measured ingredients so that you can have tasty gummies each time you make.
How long will my gummies keep?
Gummies should last about a week if properly stored in an airtight container.
How many gummies does one bag of gummy mix yield?
The exact amount of gummies will vary by the size and shape of your candy molds. One bag of LorAnn’s Gummy Mix will typically yield about 2 cups or 473 mL.
Take it a Step Further
Want to give your gummies a puckery punch? Add a bit of Tart and Sour to your gummy mixture for some serious sour power!